The Senior Staff Accountant will assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. This position will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies, and helping set up control systems.
An effective Senior Staff Accountant has good knowledge of accounting principles, must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail, and must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard, and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
● Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting, etc.)
● Maintain the integrity of accounting information in Quickbooks Enterprises.
● Understand complex transaction and compose Journal Entries to capture transaction detail.
● Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
● Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
● Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
● Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
● Participate in preparation for the annual audit
● Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
● Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
● Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
● Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
● Solid understanding of debits and credits
● Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
● Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
● Ability to analyze financial situations, put in a framework and solve for solutions and answers with a methodical systematic approach
● Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
● Well-organized with ability to prioritize
● Very good communication and interpersonal skills
● Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
● Ability to work well under stress
● Ability to help manage a diverse accounting team
● Dedicated to meeting deadlines and putting in extra time when necessary
● Authenticity – we care about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
● Resourcefulness – we seek individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
● Innovation – we seek individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
● Very competitive salary and commission structure
● Health insurance
● Unlimited sick and vacation days
● Opportunity to work with an exciting, quickly-growing start-up in an emerging industry
ABOUT GRUPO FLOR
Grupo Flor is an ecosystem of cannabis companies based in Salinas, California that supports the entire supply chain of cannabis production, from real estate leasing and equipment financing to sound product manufacturing and retail operations. Grupo Flor seeks to elevate and legitimize the cannabis industry by pioneering a new business ecosystem of global companies and brands, and works to build leading cannabis companies that shape the future of the industry. For more information, visit our website here.
Grupo Flor is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Furthermore, Grupo Flor is passionate about our local community and economy, and building an exciting future for both. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send resumes and all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org